What is Botox?
Botox is a substance derived from botulinum bacteria. It’s an injectable material used to minimize fine lines, wrinkles, and other early signs of aging.
How Botox Works
Botox works by temporarily relaxing the nerves and muscles around the injection site, making the skin appear smooth and unlined.
Why People Choose Botox
People choose Botox to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, including:
- Crow’s feet, which are the fine lines radiating outward from the corners of your eyes
- Furrows, which are the deeper lines running across your forehead
- Glabella, which are the deep creases appearing between your eyebrows
- Marionette lines, which are the lines running from the corners of your mouth down to your chin
- Nasolabial lines, which are the deep vertical lines running from your nose to your mouth
Benefits of Botox Treatment
Botox treatment offers some important benefits. Consider that Botox treatment is:
- Effective because you will notice results almost immediately.
- Quick, because Botox treatment takes only a few minutes.
- Safe because Botox has been rigorously tested and approved by the FDA.
- It is convenient because there is little to no downtime involved with Botox treatment.
What to Expect During a Botox Treatment
Your plastic surgeon will numb the treatment area with a spray or cream and then inject small amounts of Botox in the treatment area using a tiny needle. The number of injections you will need varies depending on the area or areas being treated.
What You Should Ask Your Plastic Surgeon
- How many Botox procedures have you performed?
- What results can I expect from Botox?
- How long will my results last?
- What are the risks of Botox treatment?
Want To Know More?
To discover more about Botox and how it can help diminish the signs of aging, call Dr. Leo Urbinelli at PNW Plastic Surgery in Portland, OR. You can reach him in the office by calling (503) 208-2348, so call today.